About Courtney & Wise
Courtney & Wise has its origins in 1954, when the company’s founder, John Peters OAM, came into the trade after serving his four year indenture to Master Painter, Bob Ross.
Applying the skills acquired under the tutelage of such a Master and with a total commitment to quality workmanship, John went on to establish Courtney & Wise. 60 years later, we are one of Sydney’s premier home painting companies built on a focus for quality and a reputation for excellence.
Today the company is headed by John’s son, Michael Peters who like his father, went through the same rigorous process to learn all practical and theoretical aspects of the painting and decorating trade. Proving that he was up to the extremely high standard set by his father, Michael received the prestigious NSW Apprentice of the Year Award upon his graduation from Sydney Technical College in 1981.
Past President and Vice-President of the Master Painters Association Michael continues to make an active contribution to the development and promotion of the painting profession. While many painters have come and gone over the past 60 years, their contribution in our continued success has been a significant one.
Our philosophy …
“Have the right people with the right skills and the right attitude – painters who demonstrate excellence and a commitment to delivering a result that exceeds our customer’s expectations, every time.“
A Team You Can Trust
We only use tradesmen whose work practices and ethics meet the Courtney & Wise standard. You will find all our team punctual, polite and easy to communicate with.
They go about their work the “Courtney & Wise” way – all with a consistent professional approach and a “can do” attitude.
- Our tradesmen are clean, tidy and respectful of you , your family and your property.
- No smoking or playing of loud music is allowed on a Courtney & Wise site.
- We store tools and clean debris at the end of each day before we leave.
- Our crews all have years of experience in multiple paint application processes, in addition to being trained in our systems to ensure high quality and efficiency.
A Personal Touch
Our approach to each project means that our clients receive the highest level of service to achieve a beautiful finish that will endure.
- We are a quality focused company that operates in accordance with Australian standards.
- We provide a comprehensive, easy to read quotation/specification with a fixed price. We will also obtain quotations from other specialist third parties such as scaffolders, plasterers, carpenters etc.
- We start and finish projects on time. Once we start a job we stay on it until it is completed.
- We carefully protect our customers’ property, belongings and family and maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times.
- We methodically and thoroughly prepare surfaces to ensure a smooth, even application for a flawless finish.
- We communicate with customers keeping them up-to-date with all developments throughout the project.
- We only use premium quality paints and materials and will only specify the most appropriate product for the job.
- We are completely flexible and work in with our customers to ensure there is no disruption to their daily schedule or normal business.
- We guarantee all our work and provide home warranty insurance as required.
- We strictly follow all Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Agency guidelines.
- We are a fully compliant operation – fully licensed and insured.
- We strive for 100% satisfaction – we do not consider the job finished until our clients are absolutely satisfied.